Hey, we're doing another text based game jam coming up in a week or so. https://itch.io/jam/enterthemud2 The account is different so it's been a bit hidden but we'd love to have you again!
Enter a mythical monster theme park and ride the Chimera! A shape-shifting creature with a shape-shifting adventure that's different every time!
#enterthemud game jam submission!
Mythari Park lets you enter a mythical safari theme park and experience the wonders of their main attraction, the Chimera!
This classic MUD uses text based commands to let you explore the world and role play with others! You can play in any web browser (mobile included) or use a Telnet/MUD Client to connect!
How to Play
We are no longer hosting Mythari Park on our servers, but feel free to visit the github and host the game yourself! It runs using evennia and python.
- Millions of potential ride configurations using procedural generation
- Hundreds of lines of dialog to discover
- A theme park to explore
- A gift shop full of items for purchase with park points
- Photo album to store ride photos
- The source code for Mythari Park is available on github here
- This game was built on top of the Evennia engine
- Written in Python
- For more details, we recorded a 50 minute behind-the-scenes commentary as a thanks to those who donate!
- Dale Lemieux - Nanaimo Labs - Designer, Developer, Writer
- Miko Charbonneau - Pretty Smart Games - Designer, Writer
Special thanks to Zachary Flower for hosting the "Enter the (Multi-User) Dungeon" gamejam!
|Authors||prettysmart, Nanaimo Labs|
|Genre||Role Playing, Interactive Fiction, Simulation|
|Tags||enterthemud, Funny, Massively multiplayer, mud, Multiplayer, Procedural Generation, Text based, theme-park|
|Average session||A few minutes|
|Multiplayer||Server-based networked multiplayer|
Click download now to get access to the following files:
- New Game Jam: Mythari Park!May 15, 2018